Regarding your sublimation business, the top sublimation paper available should be your first priority. Because obtaining the greatest results requires more than just having the best sublimation printer and ink. The highest quality paper is also a need for running a successful sublimation business. There are a few factors you need to keep in mind when looking for the best sublimation paper.
The Best Sublimation Paper
- The first and most crucial factor is the paper’s quality. There are many different types of sublimation papers on the market, but not all of them are the same and don’t yield the same outcomes.
- Furthermore, ensuring interoperability with your printer with both the paper seems to be crucial for successful printing. Make absolutely sure the paper you are considering would work with your printer because not all sublimation papers are compatible with all printers.
- The cost of the paper is also important because sublimation paper might be more expensive than conventional printing papers. Consider your needs and financial circumstances before making a decision.
This is why it’s crucial to conduct research before making a purchase and to pick a high-quality paper with care. Everyone can find something on our list of the greatest sublimation sheets, regardless of expertise level. So why are you still waiting? Find the perfect paper for your needs by starting to read!
- Top 5 Best Sublimation Paper
- Our Buying Guide For you
- Frequently Asked Questions About Best Sublimation Paper
- Final Reflections
Top 5 Best Sublimation Paper
The industry offers a wide variety of possibilities for sublimation papers. Finding the best one can be challenging for novices. In this post, we list the top 12 sublimation papers available. Let’s start by examining the advantages of each.
|A-SUB Sublimation Paper For Epson
|Check on Amazon|
|Koala Sublimation Paper
|Check on Amazon|
|Printers Jack Sublimation Paper For Any Epson Sawgrass Inkjet
|Check on Amazon|
|HTVRONT Sublimation Paper
|Check on Amazon|
|MECOLOUR Sublimation Paper
|Check on Amazon|
1. A-SUB Sublimation Paper For Epson
For the past 19 years, A-SUB Sublimation Paper has been universally regarded as the best sublimation paper available. Rich, vibrant, and bold colours are produced, and it works with all kinds of inkjet sublimation printers. The best sublimation paper for Epson 2720 and other Epson printers is also available here.
A-SUB Paper is also quick and simple to use, making it a great option for both new and seasoned users. You should think about using this A-SUB Sublimation Paper if you want the best outcomes from your sublimation printer.
Features and Functions:
- The A-SUB sublimation paper is the best sublimation paper for printing on a variety of media. Premium ceramic, tile, phone cases, and metal plates all use it. Polyester and fabrics with less than 30% cotton can also be used with it.
- A-SUB is quite adaptable in terms of size; sizes range from 8.5″ x 11″ to 8.5″ x 14″ to 11″ x 17″ and 13″ x 19″. Consequently, whether big or tiny, there is a size for every need.
- Additionally, it is regarded as a thick variety of sublimation paper. Its thickness is higher than the typical thickness of other sublimation sheets, which is 123 GSM, at between 120 and 130 GSM. Because it resists creases and is stress-tolerant, thick paper is necessary for sublimation printing and is simpler to use. Who wants to use sublimation on paper that isn’t stress-tolerant?
- Additionally, A-SUB wonderfully holds ink, so your transfers will be of higher quality.
- Although this sublimation paper can be a touch pricey, you’ll more than makeup for it with all of its benefits and usefulness.
If you want to print outstanding sublimation projects, you should always choose the A-SUB sublimation paper.
2. Koala Sublimation Paper
One of our top recommendations for your sublimation printing needs is Koala sublimation paper. This is due to the fact that it provides enough possibilities to help you finish any project you set out to perform.
As a result, the Koala sublimation paper is capable of handling both tasks, whether you like the smaller size of 8.5″ x 11″ or the larger size of 11″ x 17″.
- The fact that A-SUB Sublimation Paper is coated with a unique heat transfer compound and includes an additional silicone paper sheet to protect the heat press machine from harm and keep the work area clean during printing is its most distinctive feature.
- Additionally, it dries rapidly, allowing you to print the subsequent article without having to wait for each page to dry.
- Your prints will always last longer and stay sharp and colourful since it helps to stop the images from smearing or fading.
- Due to the high transfer rate of this A-SUB paper, you will have great printing details.
- This paper has 100 sheets and may be applied without cutting too many different substrates, including luxury porcelain, phone cases, mugs, and metal plates.
Why did you pick this?
Size options: To satisfy the needs of the daily market, sizes ranging from 8.3″ x 11.7″ and higher are available.
A strong package comprises 150 sheets in a box.
High-quality prints and photos are produced, but regrettably, it is only safe to use with inkjet printers.
Not that pricey: It would steal all of your bank funds and is quite pocket-friendly.
Koala Sublimation Paper vs. A-SUB Sublimation Paper
This sublimation paper is a thicker-than-average brand, just like A-SUB. Typically, it ranges from 120 to 130 GSM. As we previously stated, this thickness is ideal for stopping folds and wrinkles in your transfers.
Additionally, Koala sublimation paper has a perfect weight that enables you to transfer your drawings with the best possible results.
Koala is fairly inexpensive and won’t break the bank when it comes to price.
Additionally, it is user-friendly for beginners, making it appropriate for those just beginning their sublimation printing experience.
One of the best options for a variety of tasks is the Koala sublimation paper. Additionally, it will provide good quality without breaking the money!
3. Printers Jack Sublimation Paper – For Any Epson Sawgrass Inkjet
People frequently think about using Printer Jacks sublimation paper for printing vivid, dazzling images on various hard and soft materials.
Similar to TexPrint-R, their colours are quite vivid and striking, grabbing attention with their originality. You can get prints that are over 97% accurate by heat pressing the design. It’s all quite straightforward and dependable.
It will also draw notice because of its superb colour reproduction! A simple and reliable process is guaranteed by Printers Jack sublimation paper’s ultra-high 98% transfer rate in addition to gorgeous colours.
- Printers Jack, all Epson and Sawgrass inkjet printers work with paper.
- Similar to other sheets, it completely absorbs the ink.
- When you are a novice on a tight budget, the ink usage is also comparable to other papers, which helps you save money.
- It is really simple to operate, and the user handbook makes it simple to adjust the duration, pressure, and temperature in accordance with the properties of various materials.
- The above paper offers comprehensive application possibilities on something like a variety of substrates, including porcelain, canvas bags, non-cotton pillows covers, phone cases, puzzles, mousepads, and many more. Consequently, you can quickly and easily produce and transfer photos to the necessary object.
Why did you pick this?
Although it takes longer to dry than A-Sub and TexPrint-R, it still does. It continues to work.
Simple to use: You may use the Printer jack with ease even if you’re just starting off. You copy the image, and the printer prints it, just like when you copy and paste.
Application: As a specialised product, it may be utilised on a variety of items, including shirts, mousepads, and various cases.
You may make use of the benefits of this sublimation paper while keeping to a tight budget because it is also cost-effective. Due to its low ink consumption, employing it will actually result in more financial savings.
Printers Jack’s sublimation paper isn’t as thick as some of the other options on our list, but. However, it can deliver your designs easily.
Additionally, because of its lack of diversity in sizes, you shouldn’t choose it for projects that are either small or extremely large.
Printers Jack sublimation paper is the way to go if you want to print some beautiful pictures on your mug! It will give dependable designs because of its rapid transmission rate.
4. HTVRONT Sublimation Paper – Best Sublimation Paper
This HTVRONT sublimation paper is the huge size 1319 that you need if you want to save up to 20% on ink costs for every project. It also dries quickly. It offers you the best outcomes and has a broad range of applications on different items including tumblers, mugs, and t-shirts.
- The HTVRONT paper provides an efficiency transfer rate of over 98% without smearing or smudging sublimation ink.
- The additional 125gm thickness of this sublimation paper means that less ink will bleed through and more ink will adhere to the substrate.
- By the time it prints, your printed picture is nearly dry, and the high transfer rate also helps you conserve ink and complete more projects on a tight budget.
- Because HTVRONT paper is thicker, the transfer is stronger and easier to do without causing the image to crease.
- Furthermore, it is the best sublimation paper for cotton materials that have less than 30% cotton and some polyester.
How can a shirt be sublimated?
Step 1: Before printing, create your design on a computer and mirror it.
Step 2: Printing should only be done on the white side of the sublimation paper using an inkjet printer with sublimation ink.
Step 3: After the image has had time to dry, warm the fabric to help get rid of creases and dampness.
Step 4: Set the hot press to the desired temperature, modify the pressing time, align the printed image with the fabric, and begin pressing.
Step 5: Take the heat press out of the case and pull the transfer paper off.
150 sheets of HTVRONT A4 Sublimation Paper. 8.5″ x 11″) has a high transfer rate and premium quality, enabling the creation of brilliant images with exquisite printing details that can endure for a considerable amount of time. In contrast, sublimation transfer paper combines quick drying, no fracturing, and a wide range of applications.
5. MECOLOUR Sublimation Paper – Heat Transfer sublimation paper
If you’re seeking high-quality paper that is inexpensive, compatible with all inkjet sublimation printer kinds, and developed for usage in the market. Then you must choose Mecolour’s Heat Transfer sublimation paper since it consistently produces better printing results. The goal of Mecolour’s sublimation paper is to provide users with trustworthy results, correct colours, and constant performance.
Mecolour is a sublimation paper manufacturer that has been manufacturing top-notch goods for more than ten years. Additionally, they offer excellent customer service.
- This paper is simple to use and has a printed back for further convenience.
- You can process things quickly and without wasting time thanks to its extremely short drying time, which can last up to 30 seconds.
- It is the ideal option for individuals who wish to produce high-quality prints because it has the maximum transfer rate.
- All inkjet printers are compatible with it, and the paper’s increased thickness means that it won’t jam in the machine.
Functions Of Mecolour Heat Transfer Sublimation Paper:
Easy to use Single-side printed, the proper print side is white, and the MECOLOUR icon on the back, making it simple to identify the printable side. Single-side printed, the correct print side is white, and the MECOLOUR icon is on the rear.
Efficient The transferred picture is resilient and won’t flake, peel off, or fracture. Sublimation ink is compatible with any inkjet printer. Ideal for making your own holiday gifts, but not for use with normal household irons.
Multipurpose Appropriate for phone cases, ceramic mugs, puzzles, bags, pillows, and t-shirts with a 98% transfer rate (with 30% cotton).
Occupational Support We have more than 10 years of experience specialising in heat transfer paper.
Mecolour’s Heat Transfer sublimation paper is the only option because it regularly yields better printing outcomes. Mecolour’s sublimation paper aims to give you reliable outcomes, accurate colours, and consistent performance.
Our Buying Guide For you
You can’t just use any old paper that you find in your office supply closet; sublimation papers are specialty papers made to be used with sublimation printers and presses! Check out this buying guide for all the information you require on purchasing sublimation papers, including some warning signs to look out for!
Considerations Before Purchasing Sublimation Paper
There are important elements to take into consideration before selecting your sublimation paper. Let’s examine a few of these crucial elements.
You should have this in mind while making a purchase. You don’t want to carry around objects with dull, faded colours; sublimation papers must provide vibrant, lifelike colours.
A major problem with sublimation papers is this. On many papers, the sublimation ink takes a very long time to dry. Therefore, you should always pick a paper that dries quickly since the quicker the
paper dries, the quicker you can finish printing your products.
Rate of Transfer
The transfer rate makes the design more aesthetically pleasing while also using less ink. In order to guarantee a successful printing job, your transfer paper should have a minimum transfer ratio of 95%.
A good transfer rate should also produce prints with high clarity and resolution and lessen the possibility of colour blurriness. Thankfully, many modern sublimation sheets have a high transfer rate; in some cases, it even reaches 98%.
When printing wet artwork with lots of ink, the thinner paper will curl and distort. A thicker piece of paper, however, can sustain pressure and is less prone to fold or wrinkle.
The average thickness of papers used for sublimation is generally 23 GSM, though some types could be as thick as 30 GSM.
Additionally, here’s a little tip: if your design contains a mix of heavy and light inks in some places, you might want to select the thicker paper to prevent any problems.
A type of coated paper called sublimation paper needs to be continuously coated in order to reduce warp. Due to the unevenness of the coating layer, one side will dry more quickly than the other. The entire sublimation process will be impacted by this. So, before selecting your sublimation paper, be sure to evaluate the uniformity of the coating and the degree of warping.
The sublimation paper needs to function with your tools. Using paper that won’t work with the accessories is a waste of both time and money. Therefore, you must confirm that the possible sublimation paper is compatible with your printer. Nearly all sublimation papers are compatible with inkjet printers.
The paper size you pick must also be compatible with your printer. Your paper and ink need to be chemically compatible. The outcomes will be better the more in line the paper is with your accessories.
Spot count on paper surfaces
A key factor to take into account when selecting a sublimation paper is the number of spots on the paper surface.
During the production process, spots are normal; nonetheless, they might reduce the quality of printed images. Additionally, the spot can affect the results of a single-colour transfer. Therefore, choosing a transfer paper with few spots on the surface is preferred.
Frequently Asked Questions About Best Sublimation Paper
How is sublimation done on paper?
Images can be printed on a variety of materials using sublimation printing technology. To be effective, this technique needs a sublimation paper. This is due to the fact that it has a special coating that enables it to hold the sublimation ink. This is the reason why sublimation doesn’t use standard printing paper.
Can You Reuse Sublimation Paper?
No. You cannot reuse any brand of sublimation paper.
What Care Should I Take with My Sublimation Paper?
This type of paper absorbs moisture, therefore if it is left in a humid environment, it will swiftly degrade. Therefore, it’s best to store it in a sealed bag when not in use.
Is it Required to Know Which Side of the Paper to Print on?
It is essential to understand which side of the sublimation paper is writable. On most papers, a mark or colour designates the printed side. For accurate printing, the final design must be on this side of the paper.
When choosing the best sublimation paper, there is rarely a single paper that will be suitable for all applications.
And it is obvious which tops the list after reading the reviews of the best sublimation papers.
The best sublimation paper on our list is A-SUB, which is perfect for those looking for thick papers that can produce top-notch products.
But go with Koala if you want a more flexible, cost-effective option!
Printers Jack’s sublimation paper is not as thick as some of the other options on our list, but. However, it can deliver your designs easily.
Choose HTVRONT because it gives you the greatest results and can be used on a variety of objects, such as tumblers, mugs, and t-shirts.
Mecolour’s sublimation paper aims to deliver reliable outcomes, accurate colours, and consistent performance to consumers.
Thanks For Reading.