If you are searching for a highly effective and efficient sublimation printer that will help you get your print orders done within a short period, then this is the printing machine that you are searching for. This Ecotank Epson printer is one of the best energy-saving and zero wastage sublimation available in the market today.
The Epson ET-15000 is one of the most advanced eco tank printers available in the market today. It is the latest addition to the Ecotank ET series by Epson which is the number one best-selling Supertank printer. It’s versatile paper handling capacity and high productivity makes it the perfect product for your next sublimation printer purchase. To analyze it in detail, let’s have a look at its prominent features.
This printer consumes a far smaller amount of ink than other printers, so if you’re bothered by having to keep replacing the ink in your printer on a regular basis, your problem is fixed. It also has inexpensive ink that is utilized in it. Furthermore, despite the cheap ink prices, it produces the best results.
Which Printer Works Best for Sublimation?
It’s crucial to pick a sublimation printer that is made for the particular material you’ll be working with. For instance, you’ll need a textile printer if you want to sublimate on fabric. Special heaters built into these printers aid in spreading the colour over the fabric uniformly. On the other hand, if you wish to sublimate onto ceramic tiles, you’ll need a ceramic tile printer. These printers’ potent heaters are capable of producing the high temperatures required for sublimation. Given all the possibilities, selecting the ideal printer for you could be difficult. To discover the best printer for sublimation, you can reduce your options by taking into account your unique requirements.
What Would be Printing with Dye-Sublimation?
Heat is used in the dye-sublimation printing process to transfer the dye to a material, such as fabric, paper, or plastic. The dye is initially imprinted with a reverse image of the finished pattern onto a sheet of transfer paper. The printing substance is then placed on the transfer paper, and both are run through a heat press. The dye is made to evaporate and get activated by the heat, which enables it to enter the material’s pores. The dye solidifies and combines with the fabric’s fibres as it cools, creating a vivid and long-lasting image. Custom clothing is frequently printed using this technique because it results in high-quality, long-lasting images.
Epson EcoTank ET-15000 Printer Review
It’s true because this model uses the pioneering EcoTank ink bottles for refilling. It’s a great shift from the usual cartridges which dry up if not used and will drain after just a few prints. With this bottle design, the nozzle fit only on the designated ink color container.
You also don’t have to worry about overfilling it or filling it when there’s no need. There’s both a digital indicator and a physical one (you can see the ink levels directly) for you to check, which we feel is supremely useful when you are running an office.
Which brings us to the main point: the ET-15000 is meant for creative entrepreneurs and small business owners who run a startup, specifically in the t-shirt and cloths printing niche. This is because you need to use the printer occasionally to be able to reap the benefits of its investment. The cost is relatively on the higher side, which can only be justified if you run a business.
Although Epson does not mention it in its marketing literature, the EcoTank ET-15000 can be used as a sublimation printer for shirts. Just add the sublimation ink (foreign brands work fine) into the ink containers and you are good to go. You don’t even have to tweak the ink system like in the WF-7210. The large color tanks further help you maintain efficiency and give you the best-quality sublimation prints to your customers.
The added functionality of faxing, scanning, and copying further make it a great choice for an office setup. Let’s look at its key characteristics first before doing a detailed analysis.
- Outstanding Print Quality: To ensure that you get the perfect design printed each time you hit that print button, this printing machine is powered by Precision Core technology generating up to 40 million precise dots per second with great accuracy.
- Cartridge Free Printing with zero wastage: For longer sustainability of the inks. It comes with a set of replacement ink bottles that has ink equivalent to the amount in 80 individual cartridges. Also, it creates less ink and cartridge waste with a high yield.
- Print Resolution: It produces a maximum print resolution of 4800 x 1200 optimized dpi. It prints graphics of a size up to 13 x 19 inches.
- Economical: To give your business an extra financial edge, these printers save up to 90% on ink usage and also work on less power than the standard printers of the market.
- Voice-activated Printing: It comes with an ultimate wireless solution using Wi-FI Direct technology and hands-free voice-activated printing to ensure you print all your products with ease.
- Product Protection: And apart from all these facilities, this printer comes with a 2-year limited warranty with registration.
- Operating System: Compatible with Mac OS X 10.6.8 – 10.11, Windows 10, 8, 8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit), 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Vista (32-bit, 64-bit).
- Print Speed: Epson ET-15000 prints single-sided 17 papers per minute in black and nine papers per minute in color. It also prints on both sides of the paper yet is not required for sublimation printing.
Overall, it prints 7,500 pages per black ink bottle(127 mL) and 6,000 pages per ink bottle(70 mL each) for Cyan, Magenta & Yellow.
What Made Us Enjoy It?
The Epson XP-1500 model, to start, creates a variety of rich colours and sharp images. Photographers may use it to create posters, graphs, and charts for businesses, while homes can use it to create crafts or print pictures.
A 200-sheet input tray, a 50-sheet rear tray, and double-sided ADF printing are also included. However, the type of paper will affect how many papers the printer can handle. For instance, the back can only accommodate 20, while the input tray can only accommodate 50 photo papers.
- Additionally, the device supports third-party applications and offers a variety of networking choices, including Ethernet and Wi-Fi. The dash replacement function also keeps track of the ink levels and places replacement orders on your behalf.
- So you wouldn’t need to hire a specialist picture printing business each time you wanted wide-format photos with this printer type. Printing 9.2 and 9 pages per minute for monochrome and colour prints, respectively, it efficiently completes your task.
Unboxing And Package Contents
The device ships in a brown cardboard box with the Epson branding to its front. The accessories bag will be there when you break the seal. The bag accommodates a power cable, a compact disk with the necessary drivers and utility tools, and some paperwork covering the setup process and warranty period. You also get the ink cartridges set with a total of 6 cartridges covering the entire color range.
The box also has a disk tray that lets you place CDs and d DVDs in it for printing labels directly onto them. Moving on, we have the printer itself sufficiently padded in Polystyrene molds to safeguard the device during transit.
Device Overview And Build Quality
The Epson 15000 comes in a pretty minimalistic design with its entire body made in hard plastic. As far as looks are concerned, I’m pretty impressed with the design and material quality. The device has an all-black body with its physical dimensions being 18.7″ x 30.9″ x 16.2″ (476 x 785 x 412 mm) (W x D x H).
The top of the device hosts a lid that reveals the nozzle area and the ink cartridges. To the front, we have a 2.4-inch LCD color display paired with a bunch of physical buttons to make navigation through the menu easier. There is no touch functionality on the display, however, the hardware buttons make the experience smoother. The viewing angles on the screen are also good, the tiltable mechanism makes them even better.
The front portion of the printer hosts a retractable tray that moves in and out with the aid of stepper motors which is kind of cool but needless. All and all, the device seems quite sturdy and should last for a while even with heavier usage.
Setting Up And Getting The Device Ready
The setup process for the Epson – 15000 is pretty much straight. Plug the provided power cable in the slot presented to the back of the printer and plug the other end into a wall socket. Now, press the power button present on the control panel of the device. This should power the device on and the printer should guide you through the setup process.
Select the language from the list and press OK to proceed further. It should now ask you to insert the ink cartridges that came with the printer. Carefully lift the lid above and place the cartridges into their slots. Once you are done, press the OK button on the device. The printer should now go through the nozzle check automatically. Place a few papers into the input tray and press OK on the device. You should now see the XP – 15000 printing different test patterns.
You can either choose to connect it to your computer using a USB cable or use the Ethernet or Wi-Fi functionalities to use the printer via the network. To do this, head to the settings and choose the Wi-Fi option and provide your network credentials. On a successful connection, you should be able to discover the printer on your network.
We have tried printing documents of different sizes and quality and the results surprised us. The printing quality turned out to be exceptional with great color depth, crisp and vibrant colors, great detailing, and exhibited decent dynamic range, thanks to the 5760 x 1440 dpi resolution.
When it comes to printing speeds on this device, we observed the following; A3+ print at High quality – 6 minutes 49 seconds, A4 print at High quality – 3 minutes 45 seconds, A3 at standard quality, high quality – 2 minutes 19 seconds, A3 print at High quality – 5 minutes 46 seconds, and 28 x102 cm print at High quality – 10 minutes 29 seconds.
How can the Epson ET 15000 be Converted into a Sublimation Printer?
You can easily convert your Epson 15000 to a sublimation printer by following a few simple procedures, which will take only a few minutes.
- Method 1: If you have regular print ink in the bottles, empty them and wash them thoroughly.
- Method 2: Make a few foul prints to make sure the printhead is clear by clearing it.
- Stage three is to gently pour your sublimation ink into the print bottles.
- Method 4: Print a test page to confirm that the printer is functioning properly.
And once these procedures are finished, your Epson ET 15000 will convert to sublimation mode.
Epson Ecotank et-15000 Printer Conversion:
The first thing to bear in mind is that this all-in-one printer from Epson is not a sublimation printer. We’ll use third-party ink to modify it for sublimation. which can be in contradiction with the printer’s warranty.
- However, using this printer for sublimation and conversion is quite simple. Most folks get fantastic outcomes and are generally happy with them. A few easy procedures are required to transform the Epson 15000 into a sublimation printer.
- Step 1: Open the packaging for your printer and buy some sublimation ink. By selecting the button below, you can check the price on Amazon. The ink that comes with the printer will not be used because we are turning it to a sublimation printer, hence we needed sublimation ink.
5 Easy Steps to the Epson Ecotank ET-15000 Sublimation Process
- Converting the printer into a sublimation printer is the first step. Once the printer has been converted, get the other accessories ready and heat the press for 3–4 minutes, depending on the size of the printer and the substrate you plan to print on.
- Step 2: Using a sublimation printer, print your design on the sublimation paper. Set your material, for instance the shirt, on the heat press after printing.
- Step 3: Next, press the shirt for 15 to 20 seconds to get rid of any moisture and prepare your shit for printing. Place the printed sublimation paper on the shirt after pressing, then tape the corners.
- Step 4: By taping the corner, you can ensure that the paper won’t shift or tremble as you push. After that, press it while laying a butcher paper on top of it.
- Step 5: Press the shirt for 120–160 seconds at 375–400 F while using medium pressure. Make changes based on the substrate and size of your heat press.
- When squeezing is complete. Put on your heat-resistant gloves and take the shirt and paper out of the heat press. You’ve finished printing your shirt utilising sublimation on an Epson ecotank et-15000 all-in-one printer.
Epson ET 15000 vs Epson ET 16500
The Epson EcoTank ET-15000 and ET-16500 are both inkjet printers that support sublimation printing, but there are some notable differences between the two models.
- Printing Size: The ET-16500 is designed for larger print sizes, as it supports printing up to 13″ x 19″. The ET-15000 can handle printing up to 11″ x 17″. So if you need to print larger sublimation designs, the ET-16500 might be the better option.
- Paper Handling: The ET-16500 comes with two paper trays, which can hold up to 500 sheets of paper. Because of this, it is better suited for printing projects with a high volume. Just one paper tray, holding up to 250 sheets, is included with the ET-15000.
- Print Speed: The ET-16500 is faster than the ET-15000, with a print speed of up to 18 pages per minute (ppm) for black and white and color prints, while the ET-15000 can print up to 17 ppm.
- Connectivity: The ET-16500 comes with more connectivity options, including Ethernet, Wi-Fi Direct, and NFC. The ET-15000 only has Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct connectivity options.
- Price: The ET-16500 is more expensive than the ET-15000, as it is designed for higher-volume and larger print size requirements. So the Epson ET-15000 is a better alternative if you’re looking for something more reasonably priced.
Overall, both printers are suitable for sublimation printing, but the ET-16500 is designed for more demanding printing tasks, while the ET-15000 is a more affordable option for those who do not require larger print sizes or high-volume printing capabilities.
Epson ET 15000 vs Epson ET 8550
The Epson ET-15000 and Epson ET-8550 are both all-in-one printers that use Epson’s EcoTank technology, which means they use refillable ink tanks instead of traditional ink cartridges.
The Epson ET-15000 is a larger printer that is designed for high-volume printing, with the ability to print up to 13″ x 19″ size prints. It can print papers at a quicker rate of up to 9 pages per minute for colour documents and up to 17 pages per minute for monochrome documents. It can accommodate up to 250 sheets of paper, which is a bigger paper capacity.
The Epson ET-8550, on the other hand, is a more compact printer that is designed for home or small office use. It can print documents up to 10 pages pm in black and white and 5 pages pm in colour, which is a somewhat slower rate. It can carry up to 100 sheets of paper, which is a lessening of its larger paper capacity.
The choice of which printer is best ultimately coming down to your requirements. If you need to print high volumes of documents or large format prints, the Epson ET-15000 would be a better option. However, if you have limited space and don’t need to print large format documents, the Epson ET-8550 could be a good choice.
Epson ET 15000 vs EcoTank ET-4800
The Epson WorkForce ET-15000 and the EcoTank ET-4800 are both excellent printers with similar features, but they cater to different audiences.
The Epson WorkForce ET-15000 is an all-in-one printer designed for high-volume printing, scanning, copying, and faxing. It is capable of printing up to 13×19 inches in size, and it uses four individual ink tanks. Small organisations or home offices that require high-quality printing should use the Epson ET-15000.
The EcoTank ET-4800, on the other hand, is a multifunction device that can print, scan, copy, and fax. It is intended for usage in a small workplace or at home thanks to its reduced footprint. The EcoTank ET-4800 uses a refillable ink tank system that reduces ink costs and is easy to use.
Both printers have their strengths, so it depends on your needs. The Epson WorkForce ET-15000 is a better option if you require larger print sizes, faster printing, and need to print large volumes. The EcoTank ET-4800, on the other hand, is a more economical option if you want to reduce printing costs, need a smaller printer, and don’t have high printing volume requirements.
In summary, if you need a high-volume printer with large print capabilities, the Epson WorkForce ET-15000 is the better choice. But if you need a more cost-effective printer for home or small office use, the EcoTank ET-4800 is a better option.
Beginner’s Guide to Epson Sublimation Printers
Sublimation printing is a process where heat is used to transfer ink onto a substrate, typically fabric, resulting in high-quality and long-lasting prints. Epson is a popular brand that produces sublimation printers suitable for both beginner and professional use. Here is a beginner’s guide to Epson sublimation printers:
Selecting the right Epson sublimation printer
Epson produces a variety of sublimation printers, including the SureColor F570, SureColor F570SE, SureColor F9470, SureColor F9470H, and SureColor F10070. Consider your printing needs, including the size and volume of your projects, before selecting the right printer.
Setting up the printer
Once you’ve selected your printer, ensure you follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully when setting it up. Epson printers come with sublimation ink cartridges that need to be installed correctly. It’s also crucial to set the printer to the right sublimation mode.
Using sublimation transfer paper
In order to successfully print using sublimation, sublimation transfer paper is essential. The ink for the print job is kept on the transfer paper until it is time to transfer it to the substrate. Epson sublimation printers work well with Epson’s Ultra-Transfer Paper, but you can also use other sublimation papers that are compatible with your printer.
Preparing your designs
Before printing, you need to prepare your designs using sublimation software. Some popular sublimation software includes Adobe Photoshop, CorelDRAW, and Sawgrass CreativeStudio. Ensure that your design is of high resolution and that you’ve mirrored it for printing.
Printing your design
Load your sublimation transfer paper into the printer and ensure that the settings are correct. Once everything is set, print your design onto the transfer paper.
Transferring the design onto the substrate
After printing, use a heat press to transfer the design onto your substrate. Place the transfer paper with the design onto the substrate and apply heat and pressure according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
After the transfer process is complete, remove the transfer paper and allow the substrate to cool. You can then trim or finish the project as required.
Sublimation printing with Epson printers can be a fun and creative way to produce high-quality and long-lasting prints. Follow these simple steps to get started and produce stunning designs.
The Top Five Sublimation Ink Brands For Epson
Ink For Sublimation
- The second step is to open and raise the cover of the printer. After that, remove the ink tank lid. You will find 4 ink tanks, one for each colour, after opening. Black, Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow.
- Method 3:
- Insert your ink bottles with the nozzles facing up into the ink tank without pressing or squeezing the ink. Allow it to flow naturally into the tank.
Keep in mind:
Be ensuring the ink and tank are the exact same colour. The printer may suffer significant damage if different colour ink is added to various colour tanks.
Apply the same procedure to the other four ink tanks and bottles.
Now that all four tanks have ink, it’s time to set up. For 5 seconds, press the tiny button on the printer’s screen’s right side. The remaining steps are self-explanatory; all you need to do is set up your printer for the best print quality and customizations, and your sublimation printer will be prepared.
Make a few test prints, and if the quality is satisfactory, begin your actual sublimation printing. If not, do a few more test prints until the entire print is smooth and clear with no dots or specks on the paper.
How and when to Conduct your Sublimation Printing Process To use the Epson ET-15000 Ecotank Printer
You could use some equipment before you can begin using the Epson et-15000 for sublimation. To get beautiful, brilliant colour results, be sure to utilise high-quality materials.
- Printer: A sublimation printer is necessary for all sublimation printing. For sublimation, we are using an Epson ecotank et-15000 all-in-one printer. The cost of the printer is available here.
- Warmth Machinery: To transfer sublimation print from paper to substrate, a heat press machine is required. The design on the paper can be heat-pressed to a substrate, like a shirt, using any regular heat press machine.
- Standard ink cannot be used for sublimation, according to sublimation ink. For this reason, sublimation ink is necessary for sublimation printing.
When heated, sublimation ink has a unique property that causes it to become gaseous and infuse into a substrate like a shirt, becoming a permanent component of the shirt.
Paper For Sublimation
- Standard paper can also be used for sublimation, however doing so requires additional steps known as marrying. It is possible to use sublimation paper to save time. With sublimation paper, extra processes are not necessary.
- Simply print your design on the sublimation paper and use a heat press equipment to perform the heat transfer.
- Other Accoutrements: Additional accessories are needed, including gloves, heat-resistant tape, and butcher paper. Each of these is utilised throughout the sublimation process.
- Accessories for sublimation
Bonus: Some Things Will Improve Your Purchasing Decisions.
- 80 percent of YouTubers chose Epson to review their sublimation process.
- Epson is 50% more cost-effective than other brands.
- 70% of YouTubers chose Canon for their assessment of high-quality photo printing.
- In the opinion of 90% of consumers worldwide, Brother provides the greatest laser printing experience.
- Zero cartridge consumption for emission printing.
- Very productive.
- versatility in paper handling.
- The highest level of wireless and hands-free printing capability.
- up to 13 x 19 inch prints.
- Simple setup
- Ultra-HD images
- Quieter activity
- Excellent print quality using pigment ink
- Well constructed and small
- Several alternative connectivity options Easily put together
- Excellent for sublimation printing
- High printing costs and sluggish printing rates
- Nothing on a touchscreen
- It’s possible that the print speed isn’t very quick.
- A little pricey and lacking in sublimation inks
Epson EcoTank SUPERTANK Printers Compared ET-2720 vs ET-2760 vs ET-3710 vs ET-3760 ET-4760 ET-15000 (Comparsion Video)
After careful consideration, this Ecotank printer appears to be the ideal printer for small enterprises, particularly if you consistently receive orders and want each one to be delivered flawlessly.
Finding the best sublimation printer for your needs is not always simple, and it is made much more challenging by the wide range of printers available today that all claim to be the best. A sublimation printer differs from other printing equipment in that it has its own procedures and compatibility.
We therefore present the following elements to you in order to help you pick the ideal printer for your company. After reading countless reviews and conducting hours of online research, these factors are presented to you. Let’s examine each of them separately.
For the printer to work perfectly, the ideal print structure and dimension must be found. You will require some additional space for the printer’s efficient operation after setting it up in your workplace.
The following thing you need to check for is product compatibility as well as ink compatibility because not all sublimation printers and inks are created equal. Additionally, you must confirm that your printer is appropriate for printing on the fabric you intend to use.
Color and print performance
Both vivid colour and clarity, as well as excellent quality, are falsehoods. If you want to ensure that you deliver the best product to your customers, you must ensure that the sublimation printer you purchase produces amazing print colour and precision. Working and strength of the cartridge
Whenever buying any printers, this is arguably one of the most crucial elements that you should consider. Many times, people will buy a sublimation printer simply because it is less expensive, but they often neglect to consider the cost and capacity of the cartridges. Therefore, the printing device must have a strong cartridge and relatively low additional cartridge costs in order to assure economical operation.
Initial and concealed costs
Comparing cartridge costs is very similar to what is being done here. You must conduct a thorough cost analysis of the printer before making your purchase. In the same way that certain printers may cost more up front but require less upkeep and additional ink, while others may cost less initially but need a lot more ink after purchase.
Last but not least, you must never overlook this. To guarantee the printer’s flawless operation and excellent quality, a warranty is a requirement. You must always buy printers with a minimum one-year manufacturer’s guarantee. Additionally, you will benefit greatly from the company’s post-purchase service.
FAQs About Epson EcoTank Printer
Things to know:
Does every Epson printer support sublimation printing?
Most people agree that Epson printers are among the greatest sublimation printing devices available right now. The earlier Epson printer models can, however, be converted to Dye-sublimation, although the results will not be as spectacular as you would like. Additionally, the current models of the Workforce and Ecotank may provide excellent results and are typically compatible with sublimation inks and materials.
Which Epson printer is ideal for sublimation?
Even though Epson Printers are renowned for their sublimation printing capabilities, picking the ideal one can be very challenging. However, if you’re looking to buy an Epson sublimation printer for your own usage, you should pick either the Epson F170 or ET 2720. The Epson EcoTank ET-15000 is the best available option on the market right now for corporate use.
Can black shirts be sublimated?
Similar to how cotton shirts in other hues, including white, can be sublimated, dark t-shirts can be sublimated as well. You use either a sublimation vinyl like EasySubli or glitter white heat transfer vinyl instead of actually sublimating directly on the shirt.
May sublimation be done with an Epson EcoTank?
Normal Epson printers can typically be converted into sublimation printers, despite the fact that normal and sublimation printers are significantly different from one another. But when it comes to converting the Epson EcoTank to sublimation, it can only be used with sublimation ink when you haven’t loaded the printer with any other ink, or when it is completely fresh.
Can I sublimate with a standard printer?
Any standard printer cannot be converted to sublimation. You can change You must make sure that the print head and cartridges are well cleaned and compatible with the sublimation ink before using printers like the Epson Workforce and Ecotank series. However, the print quality could not be as good as a professional sublimation printer created by Sawgrass.
How much is an Epson 15000 sublimation printer?
No, the Epson 15000 ecotank is the best printer in this price range. It contains a tonne of fantastic features that are difficult to find in any other printer in this price range.
What size can be printed on with an Epson 15000 wide format printer?
With the same bright colour outputs and print quality, it can print up to 13 X 19.
What is the price of a sublimation printer?
While dye sublimation printers are designed for both personal and business use, they can range in price from $300 for a small home model to $600 for a higher-end model. The price of larger printers for bulk manufacturing might reach $10,000.
How durable is sublimation ink?
The quality of the ink used to print the goods and the printing medium have an impact on how long the sublimation ink lasts. When printing with premium ink on a material that is very compatible, you can anticipate the ink to survive for at least 10 years.
After careful consideration, this Ecotank printer appears to be the ideal printer for small enterprises, particularly if you consistently receive orders and want each one to be delivered flawlessly. Additionally, this printer gives you extra assistance for your business by drastically reducing printing and toner expenditures.
Another of the top online printers for sublimation printing right now is the Epson EcoTank ET-15000. And it has the distinction of being Epson’s most advanced EcoTank printer, which makes it stand out. By purchasing this printer, you can be confident that every print you make will be excellent, regardless of when or how much you print. This printer will never fail to astound you with its superb printing quality.
Because of its style, functionality, and feature set, the Epson Expression Photo HD XP – 15000 might take the top rank in our list of the “Best Sublimation Printers in 2023.” You cannot go wrong with your selection of the XP – 15000 if photo printing is your sole concern.
Therefore, the Epson 15000 printer is unquestionably a wise purchase. However, you should be aware that if you have orders to send in a hurry, it might not be able to keep up because quality, not speed, is its top priority.